A short list of things I have learned about myself this week:
- I make amazing food, with no recipes, and from whatever I have in my kitchen. It’s one of my #superpowers.
- My breath slows down immensely when I am at home. This is new, this calm.
- My students make me feel good just by being themselves. I love them.
- I’m gloriously happy with a cup of herbal tea, my books, journal, pets, music/movie and my warm heater.
- I don’t need to be in a love relationship.
- The realization that someone has been lying to me sends shockwaves through my body starting in my gut, and flares out through my skin. It feels like I’m shedding a layer from the inside. It’s a massive betrayal, and inexcusable.
- Being around people that have a similar worldview to me is a massive de-stresser and WHO MY TRIBE IS. I love all humans, truly. However, I feel most at home with the gypsy artist environmentalist progressive bohemians. I went to a new restaurant (5 on Black) this weekend and they had a recycle station and a compost station. That is exceptionally rare in Montana. I almost started crying.
A short list of things I will take into 2020:
- My faith
- My ability to ALWAYS find a solution to a problem, like a scientist.
- Family and Friends
- My amazing dog, Korra. Ok, the cats can come, too.
- And a few pairs of boots
A short list of things I will leave in 2019
- Online dating
- Changing anything about myself for someone else
- Apologizing for myself
- Building up stories about other people in my head
- Grudges, anger, frustrations about past relationships
- Self-destructive choices